I’m a physician and ran for office for the first time in 2018 because I was concerned about the state of political discourse and because I wanted to be a voice for science and evidence-based policy. The theme of my campaign was FOR A HEALTHY THRIVING MINNESOTA and the values of healthcare, education and environmental protections informed my work at the Capitol.
I worked across the aisle to get 14 bills passed into law including:
- The Drug Price Transparency Act
- Reform of the Prior Authorization process
- Funding to prevent and address aquatic invasive species in our lakes
- Ensuring access to mammograms
- Lawns to Legumes to encourage pollinator protections
- $1.5M in funding to help Spring Park rebuild its critical water infrastructure (pending Gov. Walz signature)
- $750K to replace a dangerously aging bridge in Deephaven (pending Gov. Walz signature)
We are living through unprecedented times that are challenging all of us to re-imagine how we live in order to bring out the best in each of us, in our state and in our country.
Let’s work together FOR A HEALTHY, THRIVING MINNESOTA!